When you’re facing a serious legal issue and know you can’t afford legal representation you don’t need to give up all hope of a fair resolution.
Our legal aid solicitors can help
If you’re on benefits or a low income you may be entitled to Legal Aid funding, which means the government will pay for your legal costs. We’re legal aid solicitors contracted with the Legal Aid Agency so we can help you complete the forms and get the matter underway.
Legal Aid funding is generally available for the following kinds of matters:
- If you or your family are at risk of abuse or serious harm.
- If you are at risk of losing your home or are homeless.
- If you’ve been accused of a crime and are facing prison or detention.
- If you’re being discriminated against.
- If you need family mediation.
- If you’re bringing a case under Human Rights legislation.
- If you are an immigrant who has been detained or is applying for asylum.
Whether or not you receive legal aid funding depends on the circumstances of your case so it’s important that you discuss your matter with an experienced legal aid solicitor.
You will usually also need to show that the matter is serious and that you can’t afford to pay for legal costs. If you’re in receipt of certain benefits such as Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance you should qualify for legal aid. If you’re not on those benefits, you still may qualify so please contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
Why choose us?
We believe that everyone is entitled to justice no matter what life circumstances they find themselves in.
We will treat you fairly and strongly defend your rights.
Our legal aid solicitors are contracted with the Legal Aid Agency.